What Is An At-Home Sleep Test? (WatchPAT)WatchPAT is an FDA-approved portable diagnostic device that uses the most innovative technology to ensure accurate screening, detection, and follow-up of sleep apnea. Its ease of use is unparalleled in the marketplace and it is greatly complemented by the fact that WatchPAT testing is done in the comfort of your own bedroom; an environment that best reflects the pattern of your sleep habits.
WatchPAT Measures 6 Channels
- PAT: Peripheral Arterial Tone, which is a physiological signal that mirrors changes in the autonomic nervous system caused by respiratory disturbances during sleep.
- Oximetry: The measurement of oxygen levels in the blood.
- Actigraphy: The measurement of body movement while sleeping.
- Heart Rate: The number of heartbeats per minute while sleeping.
- Body Position: Notes whether you sleep on your back (supine), front (prone), or side, all of which influence apnea.
- Snoring Intensity (dB): Loud snoring is a major indicator of sleep apnea.